Wednesday 9 September 2015

The South African Rand

Somebody suggested that the South African Rand [USDZAR] would strengthen ['significantly'] in the short to medium term and as these things normally pan out I asked why. 'Significant' is subjective at best so I'll assume he mean't 'return to the mean'. His definition of 'short to medium term' was from a few weeks to a month or two. In that context then:

Here's his take -


I'm not going to prattle on about the techs. but within his parameters / definitions / time-constraints / whatever... he's likely to be correct; maybe.. Who knows?

Here's my take -


My idea of short-term is three (3) years and my understanding of 'medium' is 5 years +. Asked if the South African Rand [USDZAR] would strengthen against the cross over the term, by my definition, the answer is clearly NO; almost certainly, probably..

If investments are a balance of risk and return would you risk your return on a maybe or a probably?
























No comments:

Post a Comment